(see the rest of these: http://www.lookthroughmylens.blogspot.com/) My neighbors officially think I am a crazy lady. I have wanted to take some pictures in front of this construction dumpster in my neighborhood for a while now, so I decided to make Max pose for me (again). The guys building the new house were there watching and everything. Classic. So I get the shots I want, feeling so pleased about this convenient little back drop just a few houses away, and I stop and talk to my neighbor on the way back. We small talk, let our kids check each other out, the ush. And then he gets this perplexed look on his face.
him: So, where ARE you walking from?
(keep in mind I am holding Max, my cell phone, two dirty blankets, and my camera)
me: Oh, we were just taking some pictures at the dumpster.
him: uuuh.
me: you know, it's kind of a cool backdrop, all scratched up and rusty and everything.
him: oh, you mean you were taking pictures of him at the dumpster.
(I can see the wheels turning, he's considering calling CPS at this point)
me: um, yea. I think they turned out pretty well. We'll see.
(thinking, ok, it's not like I chucked him in there and abandoned him!)
So we say our "see ya later's" and I go home feeling a bit silly. I'm sure he and any other looky-loo's in the cul de sac think I am a complete lunatic. Oh well.
You are a lunatic, but all artists are supposed to be quirky! :-)Jessica, I just love your style and your imagination and regularly check both your blogs to see what you have come up with. You are going to be famous! And, to think...I knew you when you were just a young girl...Go girl!!!
ReplyDeleteYour too funny. I think it's great. takes guts to make yourself look crazy and then admit to it! Good job, if I ever get out that way I'm going to get you to do some pictures! keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete