2.2.09

two.

he's growing up before my eyes. how is it possible? didn't we just finish celebrating his first?
I thank God for the millions, billions, CRAZY amounts of photos we have to remember each moment. I am so thankful for this gift we call photography. And even more thankful for the gift I call Max. Happy Birthday. 


Max+Mar+10+141soft
newborn max

DSC_0377
one year old max- demolishing his first cake

maxbirthday003lux

my two year old max. this morning.
not yawning but giving me instructions. 

oh how i  love you. 


also, today marks my 2 year mamaversary. 

DSC_0309

so here's to us baby boy.
we've both grown up so much in two years. I'd say we have each other to thank.

12 comments:

  1. MR. MAXWELL!!! Nana and "Bopba" cannot believe that you are really two years old today!!! Where or where has the time gone? We LOVE you sooo very very much and feel soooo blessed to have the most wonderful grandson in the whole world. I hope you liked the "tip pee" and the Land of Nod wooden barn presents...it was so fun to watch you open them on the web-cam! We only WISH we could have been there in person and played with them together! YOU are so important and special to us Max....we feel sooo blessed to have YOU in our lives!
    Hugs and Kisses xoxoxoxoxo
    Nana and "Bopba"

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. That was quick. what's totally disgusting is when you asked me if I thought you were crazy for looking for "1st b-day stuff on oriental trading" when he was one 5 months. Now he's 2.

    That means my baby is almost there. Only a month...I want to cry. I hate it. Although...I love this stage.

    I also love this post. So darling..and beautifully said.

    your a wonderful mama. he's a darling little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Max is already two years old. I remember when Nick and I came to California to visit little newborn Max in the hospital ... where has the time gone? We love you Max and hope you had a Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Max!! Time goes by way too fast! It was good to see you guys but....we missed Max!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe my tiny baby max is a big 2 year old. It feels just like yesterday I was crying on the phone when you told me you went into labor. Then out POPPED a cute little tiny. Then I had to try and stop you from eating your disneyland cookie HAHA. I miss him and you and danny. COME BACK HOME!

    P.S. WHo took the top and bottom photos AMAZING! I must get the persons number

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do Taggart and Max have the same birthday?!?! Crazy! Well Happy late birthday to Max...he is so darling and only gets cuter... Hope to see you in Seattle soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure that my heart just exploded all over my laptop. This is such a beautiful post. You are the most talented photographer like...on the planet, and I am officially praying to the Gods of Fertility (not that I actually believe they exist)that I can birth AT LEAST one more baby for the sole purspose of having them photographed by you...like once a week. (It might get pricey, but I have a feeling you're worth it.)

    I need to email you about something lengthy, so will you either email me at ldugovic@yahoo.com (and say "what?") or leave your email address on my blog? Thanks :)

    Happy Birthday Max!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Max! He's so cute Jessica - I love looking at all of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so lucky! It's been so fun to see Max on your blog and I'm glad you're willing to share his cuteness!

    Happy Birthday Max and Mommiversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey you guys! it's troy, ricky and hayden from san diego and we just love your blog! happy birthday and a celebration is definitely in order for little max. we may be coming to utah this summer....will make an appointment with you for family pictures again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Max...what sweet and beautiful photographs to mark such an occasion.

    ReplyDelete