13.5.08

tag.

Max is it!
~My little Maxter was tagged by his buddy Owen (my best friend's little guy). So here are ten things about Jon Maxwell Kettle. ~

1.  Max is 15 months old and is suddenly learning and exploring everything twice as much as before; learning words, signs, sounds, and by getting those little paws of his into EVERYTHING. Every time I turn around, he is trying to access the garbage can, closing himself in a closet, pulling things off the bookshelf, anything to make a mess. 

2. Max's first official word is "baa" (translation BALL) as of a few weeks ago. It took me a while to decide weather or not it was a coincidence, but I'm pretty sure it's legit!  Max also signs the word "milk" like a champ, and is hit and miss with "all done."

3. Max is possibly in need of a hair cut. I love it long and it is getting so curly!  I don't think I can bare cutting it, but Danny has taken to calling him BABY TRUMP, so maybe just the littlest trim?

4. Max is picking up some tricks - most recently pointing to his nose when we ask him where it is. Every time he does it, he gets this big fat grin on his face  and claps for himself. And he expects us to do the same!

5. Another trick- we ask "where's your pillow? nite-nite!" and he will lay down on anything somewhat resembling a pillow, or just the floor. 

6. Max could be walking easily by now, but choses not to. He cruises around walls, the furniture and walks while holding our hands like a pro. But let go of just one hand, and he whines and sits down. He has stood up a few times by himself without realizing it, but as soon as he sees that he isn't holding on to something, he whines at sits down! Little stinker.

7. Max is a great big fraidy-cat! He is SERIOUSLY scared of animals. He is intrigued by them until they get close, and then he squeals like a girl, turns away and curls his arms and legs up close to him. Truthfully he is petrified. He does warm up to my parents dog Wilson after a day or two though.  And I guess I should clarify when I say he has a fear of ANIMALS, because TICKLE-ME-ELMO falls into the same category. That's right. He cracks up and thinks that Elmo is a hoot while he stands and laughs, but as soon as that thing tips over and starts rolling around, he freaks. Same exact reaction as with dogs or cats. And no, he has never had a bad experience with one. 

8. My 15 month old still sits in his infant car seat!! He is only about 21-22 pounds, and he still fits! Mostly its because he sleeps so well in his seat and I can cart him around in his car seat if I really have to go in a store or something while he is sleeping. But don't worry. We are going to suck it up and fork out the dough for a Britax this week. 

9. Max was difficult to get to sleep during his first year, we could never get him to consistently sleep or go down well- it was always good months and bad months. But now he is the BEST. He sleeps from 8:30 or 9:00 until about 7:30 and he has been taking three hour naps in the afternoon! The best part is that when it's time for bed, I walk in his room, read a book, and lay him down while he's wide awake, and as long as it's really bed time, he goes right to sleep, no tears! However, if I try to put him down an hour early and he isn't that tired, FORGET IT. 

10. Max is still nursing. He loves the boob, what can I say? We are getting ready to wrap it up, but as of now, he still nurses once a day- in bed with me when he first wakes up. Really it's my fault- I am always too tired to get up right away!

so, there's max's first tag! He is tagging Sawyer, Austin and Carson G., Hadley and Karson, Olivia and Kolby, Lauren and Hallie, Navi and Gray, Ava and Sadie, Heather, Boston....ok. Too long of a list. ALL OF MAX'S LITTLE BUDDIES!

P.S. YOU LIKE THAT CRAZY PIC? SEE A LOAD OF THEM ON THE PHOTOBLOG.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures, simply wonderful. He is such a doll! Cant wait to see him next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i just love reading about your little max and still think its so fun , and ironic we both have max's and they're both the same age so this post was fun for me to read beacuse my max does all the same things!! especially the car seat one (he's a little small,ok?), the pointing at your nose, and ball was max's first word too. i LOVE all your pictures of him on your new photoblog post. you capture such cute emotions from him. what a stud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying over this picture! Little rocker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a cute idea! I love all of the stuff you wrote down. NOw you will remember exactly what he was doing at this age. Funny stuff too! Little boys are so cute arnt they?!

    ReplyDelete