25.9.08

the lights aren't shining anywhere but there...

ok I watched meet me in st. louis a few too many times as a child. 
We had so much fun going with the moodys and Matt and Sawyer at the fair this year! Max thought it was so cool and LOVED the rides... except for the tea cup-esq ride that Matt almost made us puke on... we forgive him. Anyway, you can't beat fair food and friends and I loved seeing everything through Max's eyes. I also to a bajillion pictures (consider yourself forewarned!) because I wanted to practice using my camera at night with the fun lights. Please excuse the 80 pictures of the ferris wheel. Just playin with shutter speed and some various types of processing. 
{for the photo curious, I had my ISO at 2000-3200 , shutter at 100, f 1.8-2.8. I did NOOOOT use a FLASH. ever. Because that was the whole point). 

statefair024poly


fair051

maxfavvbw

fair022


fair031

fair055

fair081

fair065poly

fair070

fair078bw

fair095

fair103bw

DSC_1066

DSC_1049

DSC_1028

DSC_1040

DSC_1098

DSC_1130bw

DSC_1207sos

fair097

fair088v

fair090

7 comments:

  1. I love these pictures! and the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all of them.
    i'm so sad we didn't make it to the fair. i don't know why i forgot to go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. who is the beautiful little girl with you? she is amazing, I want to kiss her face off. It looks like a homeless person dressed her, but.... Seriously, she should be a model. jk. I'm so glad you took these pictures, I hate missing these things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics. One day I will get serious about taking pictures..........one day maybe my pictures will look like yours......maybe.
    Glad you had a great time at the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fair picts! And I appreciate the comments about how you shot them - did you photoshop them at all? Or are all of the amazing colors because of the high ISO and that it was night? Thanks for giving the rest of us a tip!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't comment much on your blog when I come to visit, but I really like the fair pictures, and the painting pictures. I remember going to that fair as a child, and your pictures bring back many memories. Thanks for my walk down memory lane. You have a beautiful family.
    Hugs from Georgia,
    Amy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your photos and blog! I am also in love with your super cute polka dot shirt in these fair pictures...where did you get it? I think it is really cool that you did a q&a...it is very helpful and has inspired me to take better photos of my two boys!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete