18.11.07

Post Post Script...

Two freaking hours and ten minutes later, I think he is asleep. Sorry mom for using the f word. Is it rediculous that I am afraid to go check on him? BTW, thanks all my super mom friends for your advice. I love you. Until three a.m. hits anyway...


{in case you forgot how hard it is to resist those puppy dog eyes and drooly lips}

just to be clear, freaking is the f word to my mom. lets not jump to any conclusions here.

6 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Jess. Way to go. I bet that was the hardest two hours of your life (second to labor, of course) It will get better, he is learning. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, i said it takes along time but it will get shorter and shorter each time. trust me! Ethan cried for almost 2 hours the first night. But as long as they are ok and you know there is nothing wrong with them it's ok. don't feel bad! Your doing good. as for being afraid to check in on him. I understand! I use to check in on ethan every few minutes it seemed like it, now he has gone from a heavy, sleep through anything kid to a light sleeper, just the opening of the door wakes him up. So I hate it but I fear checking in on him because he'll wake up then it'll end up in him crying. Your doing good. Keep up the good work. it's hard I know, and that face...the typical. I'm such a sucker for pouty lips and sad eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I knew what to tell you - Boston still does not sleep on a good schedule so I can't share any advice yet :) We're working on this ourselves...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well sad news...I'd LOVE to have you take pictures, but we will be going out of town on Tuesday. Bummer huh? How long are you guys staying? I guess we'll have to make it work some other time. PS. Did max sleep good when he was born? Isaac sleeps like a champ, and I'm thrilled, but just worried that it won't last very long. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute picture! i probably would go pick up a sweet face like that any time:) I hope he's sleeping better for your sake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's be real here, even good sleepers have their bad nights! Teething or a cold can do it for your sleep/sanity. You have a few options...
    1) Take him to bed with you - no nursing.
    2) Give him a sippy cup with water (at 9 months it's about that time anyways).
    3) Give him a pacifier (hard to take away once dependent).
    4) Pat/rub his back/tummy until he knocks out.
    5) Let him self sooth (cry).

    As far as your question regarding how long is too long...you be the judge. If he is just crying/wimpering I wouldn't worry too much, but if he is screaming you are risking him vomiting (and having a Jen Powell experience).

    Best of luck to you in the future...there are MANY more teeth to come.

    ReplyDelete