15.11.09

california. it's fun here.

oh. my. goodness. we are having SUCH fun! max is having the best time with owen, brittany and i are of course loving every minute together too. and we think our boys could totally pass as brothers. don't you? their hair and eye colors are so similar it's uncanny.

i don't even want to write about this, seriously we are all traumatized... but it's something i know we are going to look back and crack up over for years. so on this otherwise perfect beach day, britt, the boys and i were fully attacked by seagulls. long story short, we had food, they wanted it. they seriously SWARMED US, we were running around newport with our boys and a hundred seagulls screaming just feet above our heads. brittany and max cried. owen laughed his head off - totally oblivious to everyone else's distress, i didn't even know what to do. i sortof laugh in a weird way when i am freaking out like that. finally we ran back to the car and max was BESIDE himself. it makes me sooo sad to think of how upset he was! pretty sure he will be scared of birds for life.

THANKS A BUNCH TO ALL YOU JERKS WHO STOOD AROUND STARING AT TWO MOMS WITH YOUNG CHILDREN BEING ATTACKED BY 100 BIRDS AND DID NOTHING TO HELP. especially seeing max was BEYOND terrified. all i have to say is KARMA IS A BEEEYATCH.

the best is when we all calmed down, owen started walking back toward the beach and max starts screaming (and crying) again

" NOOOOOO OW-ONE!!!! IN CAAAAR!!!! NOOOO, BIIIIRDS!!!!"

i think he was afraid for his friends life. it was so sad. but so funny. every time we came near any seagulls for the rest of the day he ran to me crying.


_DSC7215sq

_DSC7475

_DSC7312

_DSC7527bw

_DSC7223

_DSC7255
umm, right before this, owen was SWIMMING in the sand. so freaking funny.

_DSC7274

_DSC7523

_DSC7291

our boys throw sand. a lot.

_DSC7518
right before he remembers his bird fear and books it toward me for safety.

_DSC7417
above, totally framing this one. below, oh i could have cried i laughed so hard at this next one. little show offs.

_DSC7403

_DSC7458

_DSC7357bw

_DSC7363

_DSC7494

11 comments:

  1. ugh, seagulls are freakin scary!! poor maxter!
    and seriously- gorgeous pics. definitely putting OC on my places i must see list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I have so many things to say about this post I should be calling :) First off I got attacked in california as well when I was 8. I am still terrified of birds. Hate them. So good luck with that max. Second-now you know what it feels like to be tara whitney and have rocking backdrops!! I swear you could have ran into her there. Third. How the @#$% did you get those boys to stay put like that?! I'm obsessed with that picture! How fun for them to look back on when they are big boys! Im glad you are having a blast! Oh and Forth im coming next time! K brittany?

    ReplyDelete
  3. K sorry I was signed into the wrong account. Just me. And I'm coming to L.A friday. will you be near?? I want to go stand under that thing for a picture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man what cutie pants! and the seagulls...made me laugh:) my bro and i got attacked when we were 3 and 5 by some geese who wanted our donuts, they ran after us even when we got in our car! dumb birds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, i'd be one of the one's crying... i'm afraid of birds too.

    and those pics are great! they do look like brothers.

    missing you here... but, i'm sure you are not missing the snow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning pictures that you take of your little Max!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so sad/funny about the seagulls. I hope he is not traumatized for life, and i'm kinda bummed you didn't snap a few pics of that!! but of course that probably would've been negligent to be taking pics while poor max was absolutely freaking out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. suuuuuuuuuper cute pictures! makes me want to hop in the car and drive to CA NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable pics! looks like you had a blast!! k, are you kidding me with the birds? ? poor little Max, I'd be cryin' seeing him cry, that broke my emotional/pregnant heart to pieces right now. what morons to stand by and not help out while you're getting attacked. LAME. maybe Max is young enough that he won't remember the birds. hopefully. maybe?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are wonderful.

    Where in the heck did you find Max's cardie!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love these photos. You have a great gift of story-telling, and topping it off with the amazing pictures. It's nice that someone can inspire me...it's been A LONG TIME! nice.

    ReplyDelete