but let's be honest. if i were a GOOD mom, i would have made him a puppy costume. because my mom hand made costumes for ALL of us EVERY year, i feel like store bought is out of the question! and i just didn't have time to make one this year. boo. seriously, every time i saw him running around the house BARKING while wearing a MICKEY MOUSE costume, i wanted to CRY. next year buddy, i promise!!! maybe even for christmas...
we had the BEST time spending the holiday with danny's cousins the scotts, our three kids were the cutest trick or treaters on the block! first we had a super yummy dinner at Kathy's followed by trick or treating in Kathy's neighborhood and grandma D's neighborhood.
without further hesitation... here's our mickey mouse (pronounced MIT-NEY MOUSEY).
totally blurry, totally my favorite halloween pic.
max took some convincing at the first few houses (so cranky and wanted to be held the WHOLE time!), but after we opened up a piece of candy and gave it to him, he put two and two together and started RUNNING from house to house with his cousins! I died when he yelled back at me, " 'MON mom!! MOOOOOAAAA! [more]"
oh yea. who doesn't love a little chicken (and monkey) fight? i died laughing at this picture of boston and sadie!
hitting the houses hard.
more candy!! more candy!!!
boston taking a juice break! whoever handed out caprisuns is a genius. sorry there aren't more pictures of sadie, but that woman was faster than her older cousins!
getting the hang of it!
back to Kathy's!
going through the loot.
trick or treating and kisses at great grandma's. =)












The suspenders kill me...it is not possible to be any cuter! He would have been the perfect companion to my minnie mouse :)
ReplyDeleteHoly freaking darling!!!
ReplyDeletetoo cute! so you found the white gloves but he wouldn't wear them? perfect...
ReplyDeletei just love the moment they figure out that people are just handing out free candy... what? .. can't get to the next place fast enough!
WOW...you have captured the BEST memories. LOVE THESE!
ReplyDeletejessica, dear jessica. Puppy Costume???? You didn't get a chance to make a puppy costume?? It's his first real awareness of halloween and he plays puppy every day. You bad, bad mother! But wait! You forgot something really important - shhhh. listen... That's a job for Nanna!!! And tell her he needs it for C-mas because next year it's just too long. Love, Aunt Laura :)
ReplyDeleteOK.....I would have given pretty much ANYTHING to be there on Halloween Night! Max is purely adorable in every sense of the word! It kills me not be BE the granny at the door giving him big smooches and his favorite yummy treats! Jess, I LOVE that Max is wearing Tyler costume from ....seriously....20 years ago--he was three then. Hmmmm You gotta love those little red shorts and suspenders--his little yellow converse shoes top it off perfectly. He was his cousin Rachels (Minnie Mouse) companion on that fun Halloween night! You now are in charge of tucking away in special little box for the NEXT 20 years--I think it might be WORTH it by the darlingness of these fun pic's! I LOVE the 1st black and white picture--stunningly adorable and this last one at the black screen door--wonderful! I LOVE HALLOWEEN still and gosh...I am kinda old! Big Halloween hugs to YOU Max!
ReplyDeleteDARLING! I love those little red shorts. I can't believe your mom made your costumes growing up! Wait, actually I can believe it, your mom is amazing!!! I love love love Max as mickey mouse.
ReplyDeleteHey Jess!! Your blog is DARLING, by the way. These pictures of Max are adorable! I want to play with this little guy. I just love him :) And just thought i'd let you know that Sofie was Minnie Mouse for Halloween (She's 5 this year) and they would have been the cutest duo! I went down to be with my family on Halloween and got to take Sofie trick-or-treating. It was the cutest thing.
ReplyDeleteMiss and love you!
PS - that last comment was by Jacquie Hancock - sorry, i realized that that probably wasn't very clear.. haha :)
ReplyDelete