27.10.09

missing the little.

thelittle

recently, i reorganized my personal photos and came across these. my little man, exploring the waterfront in sandpoint, about one year ago.

and it hit me.

i MISS this.
i miss the soft, wispy curls,
the smaller clothes,
the fuller cheeks,
chubbier fingers,
his sweet, sweaty, sleepy nights,
nursing in sleep,
little size 3 shoes,
wobbly legs,
babbly talking....

all of it. all of his little self. they tell you how quickly they grow, but the reality of it is indescribable. i wish i had known then what i know now. but i didn't, so here i am, just missing the little.

6 comments:

  1. This honestly brought tears to my eyes! I feel the same with my little ones. They grow up so fast! Enjoy all the little moments. So great you can capture it through your photography! pure and simple!
    love love LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you're even talking about. He's still a babbly talker with obsenly large chipmunk cheeks. So at least you have that. Is there something wrong with me that I don't get this way? Don't tell fetus, but I kinda like kids better than babies. He is freaking adorable now, too and I suspect, always will be.
    P.S. I know you are up to your eyeballs in editing, but let me know if you need a break/lunch date/ someone to help you spend your Anthro-bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww! he's such a cute little guy! can't wait to have one of my own someday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooo... You know how to get those fun things back, don't you!?
    Only one way...
    :)
    Shelley
    I'm loving all your work. So clean, and fresh. Thanks for keeping it real, in this mess of "photographing, photoshoppin' fools" lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel, except I am doing it with my last kid not my first. She is growing up so fast and then it is all over. It really makes you slow down and enjoy each day! He is so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh jessica, i think that all of the time when i look at daphne. especially now with forest, she seems so much more grown up.

    and sometimes when i am grumpy that i have to wake up in the night to feed forest i remember to enjoy it because one day he won't want to nurse!

    and i love max! so cute!

    ReplyDelete